Mark and I signed up for a wine tasting class a couple years ago and this salad was fabulously paired with a vino verde. It is a great salad and seemed to appeal to everyone in the class! Enjoy!
Orzo Pasta Salad
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
* 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
* 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound orzo pasta, cooked al dente, drained
* 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
* 1 large yellow pepper, finely diced
* 1 large red pepper, finely diced
* 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
* 2 scallions, finely sliced
* 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
Whisk together the zest, juice, oil, dill, and garlic, then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mix the pasta, cheese, peppers, olives, and scallions together in a bowl. Pour the vinaigrette over and mix to combine. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Recipe compliments of: The Food Network and Bobby Flay
*If you follow the link above there is also a wonderful recipe for grilled shrimp with lemon-dill butter.